We’re seeing significant increases of capacity and frequency on Australian flights, this is the case of today’s news too. The aviation Dubai based giant, Emirates, is preparing to further power up its operations to Australian and New Zealand in the coming months. Here’s how EK operations to Down Under will change in the near future.
Which Flights Will Change
Melbourne and Sydney are the two Australian cities that will benefit the most of these new Emirates services. Each of these destinations will be receiving an extra daily 777-300ER flight from Dubai International Airport. This will greatly boost the airline’s capacity from the country’s largest cities.
Along with these 2 Australian destinations also Christchurch in New Zealand will be re-joining the Emirates network. Flight to the Kiwi city will resume via Sydney with a daily A380 flight.
The New Emirates Flight to Sydney
The new flight will start operations on May 1st 2023 with, as mentioned above, a daily 777-300ER covering the Dubai Sydney route. The flight number of this new connection will be EK416 and will operate as follows:
- EK416 will depart Dubai International Airport (DXB) every day at 21:30 arriving into Sydney Kingsford Smith (SYD) at 17:20 the next day.
- The return flight EK417 will depart Sydney Kingsford Smith (SYD) at 20:10 arriving into Dubai International Airport (DXB) at 04:30.
EK416 complements the already standing double daily services the airline operates with its Airbus A380s.
The New Flight to Melbourne
Melbourne will also get a third daily 777-300ER flight, however it won’t be a direct connection with Dubai’s DXB. The flight will operate with a stopover in Singapore before flying south to the state capital of Victoria.
Operations will start on March 26th 2023 with the flight operating with number EK404. This is not a new operation as it had been a long standing presence in the EK network prior to the pandemic. Here’s how it’ll operate:
- EK404 will depart Dubai International Airport (DXB) every day at 21:15 landing into Singapore Changi (SIN) at 08:50. The flight will then depart Singapore (SIN) at 10:25 landing into Melbourne (MEL) at 20:35.
- The return flight EK405 will depart Melbourne (MEL) at 03:25 arriving into Singapore (SIN) at 08:15. The flight will then continue taking off at 09:40 and landing into Dubai (DXB) at 13:00.
The Emirates Return to Christchurch
Along with the news regarding the two Australian cities, Emirates also had some great news for Christchurch, New Zealand. The Kiwi town will return to the EK network starting March 26th 2023.
Christchurch will be served with a daily A380 flight via Sydney, EK412. Here’s how it’ll operate:
- EK412 will depart Dubai International Airport (DXB) at 10:15 arriving into Sydney (SYD) at 07:00. The flight will then make its way to Christchurch (CHC) departing at 08:45 and arriving in New Zealand at 13:50.
- The return flight will depart Christchurch (CHC) at 18:20 arriving into Sydney (SYD) at 19:40 to then take off at 21:45 arriving into Dubai (DXB) at 05:15.
This also is a service which was a long standing presence in Emirates’ network with it being also served in the past with a daily flight via Bangkok and Sydney.