Although at the moment it is only a seasonal flight, Air Canada flight AC65 is the only non stop flight connecting directly North America and Thailand. The flight will connect Vancouver in British Columbia to the capital of the south east Asian country. A route which will offer west coast Canadians a new winter holiday destination. Let’s find out all about this latest Air Canada flight.
The Air Canada Vancouver Bangkok Flight Schedule
Air Canada flight AC65 connecting Vancouver and Bangkok has already commenced operations at the moment of writing this article. The flight will cover the 11.798 km 4 times a week. The schedule set by the Canadian flag carrier will see:
- The outbound flight AC65 take off from Vancouver (YVR) at 23:00 to land into Bangkok (BKK) at 05:55AM two days later. The flight will operate every: Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.
- The return flight AC66 will fly out of Bangkok (BKK) at 08:30AM to land back into Vancouver (YVR) at 06:55. The return flight will operate every Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.
|B787-9||Mon, Wed, Fri, Sun|
|08:30||06:35||B787-9||Tue, Wed, Fri, Sun|
The outbound flight Air Canada AC65 will take 15 hours 55 minutes to cover 11.798 km that divide the two cities. The return flight will be slightly shorter, as it’ll last “only” 13 hours 5 minutes.
As mentioned above, this is clearly a tourism focused service for the winter season. In fact, it’s quite clear when you look at the seasonality of this flight. Operations started on December 1st 2022 and will end on March 26th 2023.
The Aircraft Choice
This new flight will be operated using Air Canada’s Boeing 787-9s. These aircrafts feature a quite premium cabin heavy layout with:
- 30 Business Class Seats – in a 1-2-1 layout.
- 21 Premium Economy Seats – in a 2-3-2 layout.
- 247 Economy Class Seats – in a 3-3-3 layout.
The 51 Business Class and Premium Economy seats take up almost half of the 787-9’s length. Also available onboard will be Wi-Fi services with this aircraft type.
In particular Business Class features Air Canada’s International Signature Class, Air Canada’s top premium cabin service with its new lie flat beds.