The coming summer will see Lufthansa, German flag carrier and Star Alliance member, increase its presence on transatlantic routes. The German airline will increase operations to North America by powering up services to 5 destinations. Also these new routes will be all served by brand new LH Boeing 787s. Let’s find out what the news is all about.
Which Will be the 2023 North American Lufthansa 787 Destinations?
The Boeing 787 will be deployed on these 5 flights. All these services will depart Lufthansa’s Frankfurt (FRA) hub. And here are the new 787 destinations:
- Dallas Fort Worth (DFW)
- Montreal (YUL)
- Denver (DEN)
- Austin (AUS)
- Detroit (DTW)
The New 787-9s and Their Configuration
At the moment of writing this article Lufthansa operates a very small fleet of Boeing 787-9. At the moment the German carrier operates only 3 of the aircraft type. However, in the coming months the carrier will receive further 2 of the type bringing the grand total to 5 planes.
As for the configuration, these planes offer a 3 class configuration, with no first class, but:
- 26 Business Class seats
- 21 Premium Economy Seats
- 247 Economy Class seats
The Flights’ Schedule
As for the Boeing 787-9 operated flights scheduled for North America here’s how they’ll operate:
Frankfurt (FRA) –> Dallas (DFW)
- Flight LH438 will depart Frankfurt (FRA) every day except for Tuesdays at 10:10 arriving into Dallas (DFW) at 13:40.
- The return flight LH439 will depart Dallas (DFW) every day except Tuesdays at 15:40 arriving back into Frankfurt at 08:15 the next morning.
Frankfurt (FRA) –> Montreal (YUL)
The Frankfurt – Montreal service will have a 4 times weekly (Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday) frequency, until May 1st when Lufthansa will up it to a daily connection.
- Flight LH478 will depart Frankfurt (FRA) every day at 10:10 arriving into Montreal (YUL) at 13:40.
- The return flight LH479 will depart Montreal (YUL) every day at 18:05 arriving back into Frankfurt at 07:05 the next morning.
Frankfurt (FRA) –> Denver (DEN)
Denver will see the Boeing 787 introduced on the daily service.
- Flight LH446 will depart Frankfurt (FRA) every day at 11:20 arriving into Denver (DEN) at 16:00.
- The return flight LH447 will depart Denver (DEN) every day at 17:35 arriving back into Frankfurt at 11:30 the next morning.
Frankfurt (FRA) –> Austin (AUS)
Denver will see the Boeing 787 introduced on the three times weekly service flying on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Flight LH440 will depart Frankfurt (FRA) every day at 10:05 arriving into Austin (AUS) at 15:45.
- The return flight LH441 will depart Austin (AUS) every day at 16:05 arriving back into Frankfurt at 09:10 the next morning.
Frankfurt (FRA) –> Detroit (DTW)
Denver will see the Boeing 787 introduced on its daily service.
- Flight LH442 will depart Frankfurt (FRA) every day at 11:05 arriving into Detroit (DTW) at 15:25.
- The return flight LH443 will depart Detroit (DTW) every day at 15:45 arriving back into Frankfurt at 05:35 the next morning.