As the rest of the world India’s aviation market is rebounding rapidly after the tough times faced during the covid pandemic. India is both one of the largest aviation markets in the world and one of those with the largest possibility to grow in coming years. As traffic figures continue to pick up we’ve see more and more Indian airlines powering up their operations. That also goes for Indigo, one of the countries largest airlines. The low cost carrier will be launching 3 new routes to west India in the next months. Here are which will be the new Indigo flights.
Indigo Strengthening Its Presence in Ahmedabad and Mumbai
There will be 3 new flights taking to the skies from May to October 2023. The new connections will focus on the key economic centres of Mumbai and Ahmedabad. Both cities are located on India’s east coast. Mumbai will get 2 connections to the country’s western regions while Ahmedabad will get a new connection to India’s northern region Jammu and Kashmir.
Specifically Mumbai will get flights to:
- Bhubaneswar – Daily – Flight 6E6159
- Port Blair – Daily except Wednesday and Saturday – Flight 6E0313
While Ahmedabad will see a new flight take off for:
- Srinagar – 3 to 4 weekly frequencies depending on the direction – Flight 6E265
The New Flight Timings
The new Indigo flights will have a significant capacity as they have a fairly high frequency throughout the week.
Mumbai –> Bhubaneswar Flight 6E6159, starting May 19th 2023
- Flight 6E6158 will depart Bhubaneswar (BBI) at 21:00 arriving into Mumbai (BOM) at 23:45.
- Return flight 6E6159 will depart Mumbai (BOM) at 04:45 arriving into Bhubaneswar (BBI) at 07:15.
Mumbai –> Port Blair Flight 6E0313, starting October 1st 2023
- Flight 6E0313 will depart Mumbai (BOM) at 07:00 arriving into Port Blair (IXZ) at 10:10.
- Return flight 6E0318 will depart Port Blair (IXZ) at 10:45 arriving into Mumbai (BOM) at 14:25.
Ahmedabad –> Srinagar Flight 6E265, starting August 11th 2023
Will operate daily except Tuesdays and Thursdays on the Ahmedabad (AMD) to Srinagar (SXR) route, while in the opposite direction it’ll be available on Mondays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
If you’re wondering why the flight operates with different frequencies depending on the direction, you can read this post.
- Flight 6E265 will depart Ahmedabad (AMD) at 09:05 arriving into Srinagar (SXR) at 10:55.
- Return flight 6E266 will depart Srinagar (SXR) at 11:35 arriving into Ahmedabad (AMD) at 13:50.
The For These New Indigo Flights
The airlines will use either its Airbus A320s or A321s on these routes. These planes are configured in a very high density all economy cabin with 6 seats abreast seating respectively up to 186 and 232 passengers.