The largest airline in africa, Ethiopian Airlines, will be returning to London’s second busiest airport in 2023. The service brings both airport and airline closer to regaining 2019 passenger levels. Let’s find out more about Ethiopian Airlines flight ET718 from Addis Abeba to London Gatwick.
- When Will Flight ET718 Addis Abeba to London Launch?
- Why Is Ethiopian Launching The New ET718 Service?
- The Schedule of Ethiopian Airlines Flight ET718
- The Plane For the New Ethiopian Flight ET718
When Will Flight ET718 Addis Abeba to London Launch?
The new Addis Abeba to London Gatwick flight will start operations from November 21st 2023 onwards. Ethiopian Airlines will fly the ET718 route on a regular basis with services available on a 3 times weekly basis, every:
The Schedule of Ethiopian Airlines Flight ET718
The flight from Addis Abeba to London Gatwick will operate with a quite convenient night schedule. This allows passengers to get a good night sleep aboard and wake up at destination ready to get the day started. Specifically here’s how the Ethiopian Airlines flight ET718 will operate:
|Flight Number||Departure Airport||Airport Code||Departure Time||Arrival Airport||Airport Code||Arrival Time||Flight Duration|
|ET718||Addis Abeba||ADD||00:15||London Gatwick||LGW||05:15||8hrs 0min|
|ET719||London Gatwick||LGW||10:10||Addis Abeba||ADD||20:40||7hrs 30min|
Why Is Ethiopian Launching The New ET718 Service?
London is one of the largest markets for any airline in the world. There are huge expat communities that make the trips back home to visit family and friends. Also it being the richest city in the UK there are also great opportunities to intercept tourism demand.
However, as the airlines already serves the west London airport of Heathrow, launching a flight to London Gatwick offers travellers greater options, particularly to travellers living in south London, and is cheaper to operate from the airline’s perspective.
The Plane For the New Ethiopian Flight ET718
Ethiopian Airlines will be serving this flight with its Airbus A350-900s. The Airline has this aircraft configured featuring:
- 30 Business Class Flat Bed Seats
- 318 Economy Class Seats
However there are 2 different business class layouts, which offer a very different experience onboard.
- The first features the Collins Aerospace Diamond seat in a 2-2-2 layout. Not a great layout considering that not all seats have direct aisle access and seats lack some privacy.
- The second features the Safran Optima seat in a 1-2-1 layout. This seat and layout offers direct aisle access to all passengers and a greater level of privacy.